The Society is a scholarly organization that promotes the study of the Ming dynasty (1368–1644). It publishes a journal and a book series, as well as sponsoring panels on Ming topics at the annual meeting of the Association for Asian Studies.
Board of Directors
The Board consists of three kinds of directors: (1) Officers of the Society, (2) 3–6 members elected at the annual meeting for three-year terms, and (3) graduate student and overseas representatives. This last category is not described in the bylaws but was created to maintain linkage with key constituencies.
Currently, the officers are:
- President: Anne Gerritsen
- Secretary: Peter Ditmanson
- Editor of Ming Studies: Ihor Pidhainy
- Editor of Research Series: Ted Farmer
- Immediate Past President: Bruce Rusk
- Web-Master: Bruce Rusk
Elected Members, recent and current
- Leo Shin (Canada)
- Hsiung Ping-chen (Taiwan)
- Anne McLaren (Australia)
- Stephen McDowall (Europe)
- Li Xifeng (China)
- Xie Yang (China)
Graduate Student Representative
- Sarah Basham
See also the bylaws of the Society.