This page links to resources for scholars, teachers, and students of the history and culture of the Ming period. We encourage visitors to contact us to send additional material or suggestions, and will gladly include primary or secondary documents, pedagogical material, etc.
Currently, these resources include:
- The reference volume Ming History: An Introductory Guide to Research
- A selection from Matteo Ricci’s late-Ming map of the world, with an accompanying vocabulary list
- A bibliography of articles on Ming history in less-obvious sources.
- A list of other relevant sites
- Bibliographies of recent scholarship presented at meetings of the Society (see Past Meetings)
- A Resource on Music and Oral Performing Literature in the Ming Novel Jin Ping Mei cihua Made Available in Celebration of the Completion of David Tod Roy’s Translation